- 13g gelatine leaves
- 500ml full cream milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 40g caster sugar
- 500g whipping cream
- 10g culinary lavender
- 5 drops lavender essence
- Place the gelatine in iced water for about 10 minutes to soften. Pour the milk into a saucepan & bring to the boil. Put the egg yolks & sugar into a bowl & mix, stir in the hot milk.
- Return the pan to the heat & stir gently for 5 minutes or until the custard coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Squeeze the gelatine dry & add to the custard, stirring until all the gelatine has dissolved.
- Allow to cool.
- Whip the cream until you get stiff peaks, add the culinary lavender and gently fold.
- Add the lavender essence a drop at a time until you get the flavour you require. Please remember a little goes a long way with lavender.
- Gently fold the cream into the custard. Pour into pre cooled glasses, put into the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Plain (or lavender) shortbread or biscuits are just the right thing to serve with this mousse.